I’ve been asked, more than once, how I make time to read. The long and short of it is that we often make room for the things we love, sometimes we don’t know how or when we do it – it’s almost as though the time avails itself.
However, when I sat down to think about it, I came up with these 5 simple tips:
- Read first thing in the morning, when the world is still quiet and no one has any demands on you.
- Read on weekends, yes binge your Netflix if you must, but share the time with your books – it’s equally enjoyable if not more.
- Use any free time you have to read. Plug in some reading-friendly music if your environment is not conducive to the goal, but if you’re free, stick your nose in a book.
- Read with other people. Buddy reads and bookclubs have been a game changer for me, not only because they help me reach my goal quicker, but also because I get to share the experience or reading the same book with other people.
- Set yourself a goal, without putting too much pressure on yourself, but balancing the need to keep integrity with yourself. So if you only managed to read one book last year, perhaps a 6-books goal would do for this year, try your best to stick to that.
If you’re looking for an awesome way to read with others, join my online bookclub over on Facebook (Vuvu Vena Reads (online) Bookclub) we’d be more than happy to have you!